Friday, June 5, 2009

So much to catch up on...


I have so much to say...and so little time to blog! I thought since there is 7 of us and 7 days in the week that I'd try to do an update on each of us in the next week. I may fall off a few days but here goes my best try;)


I'll start with me...since it is me writing.

It's been crazy busy with the kids. I think these past couple months have been busier and much harder than the first few months when the babies came home! At the end of the day I have enough energy to wash my face, brush my teeth and pull the covers up. The weather has been really nice...which does give me tons of energy! I love playing outside with the kids...or at least watching them play while I cook or clean in the kitchen.


I have A LOT on my mind. A couple of things are weighing big on me.


1. Tuba's seizures are still terrible! More on that later when it's Tuba's day for an update.


2. I have two cousins (my Dad's brother's daughters) who at the age of 40 (I'm 38) were diagnosed with breast cancer. One of them was two years ago the other was just last month. These girls have done EVERYTHING right...never smoked, don't drink, have never been overweight, never taken the pill, between them they have 10 kids and breastfed them all...etc. They both just had the BRCA2 test and yes, they both have the gene. Now, my Dad is going in to have the test and IF he is a carrier (50% chance he inherited it) then I and my two sisters will have the test. We also will have a 50% chance of inheriting the gene if our Dad is a carrier. If you are a carrier then as a woman you have an 85% increased chance of getting breast cancer...pretty much means you WILL get it! Scary! Keep my cousins and our family in your prayers and I'll let you know how the testing goes.


3. Cam is having a vasectomy on Monday! Humph! I have many mixed feelings about this. It's just so final. How can we (he) be sure we are done? It's closing a chapter on our lives that I've really enjoyed. What does God want us to do? Those are the things on the con list. In case you're wondering...Cam doesn't have anything on the con list! He's sure...he's done!


I do have things on the pro list too. I'm almost 40. I was too sick the last pregnancy. The gestational diabetes could be worse the next time. I don't think I would have the energy/strength to care for the 5 at home while pregnant with a new one. We want to adopt again in a year or so. My husband really wants this and would be stress free in the birth control deptartment.


My feelings flip flop. Humph!
Well...at least with all this on my mind...I did get to the salon this week. New hair cut AND a pedicure! Fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. I am so very gald you have decided to do a person-a-day because you have such diverse personalities (and age-stages) in your family. I have never been able to figure out how you can be beautiful all the time. Yes, the "I'm beat-lying-on-the-couch" blog and yet, there you are, still beautiful. It must just seep out from the inside?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...