Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tuba Loves the Ocean!

Forgive the LONG posts and so many pictures...unless you're a grandparent:) I took 475 photos on the trip and I LOVE my family and LOVED this trip.
After the very long and very unfun time in our rooms changing into suits and sunblock...we were ready for a day at the pool and beach. Disclaimer: Sis isn't picking her nose...look close:)

Mr. P spent HOURS on the slide. He really became such a BIG kid on this trip. He was able to play in the pool and slide on his own (us watching of course) and he met lots of friends to play with. Busy Guy didn't like the slide...especially when Dad took him down it against his will. :0
Mr. SPF 80+++++. Cam had malignant melanoma 10 years ago and regularly has pre-cancerous things taken off his skin....SO he always is covered up and makes sure the rest of us are too. I think we used about a gallon of sunblock in 5 days.
Busy Guy loved the pool.
Sis loved the sprinkler and the pool...here she is near nap time! Ahhhh...Nap time...the favorite time of the day for both Cam and I. Each day Cam would take the three youngest ones up to the rooms for a nap. He'd order room service (beer) and kick back on the couch or deck listening to the ocean and the wind. Bliss. I would take Tuba and Mr. P down to the ocean with drinks and chips. No way I wanted to spend time napping when I was in Hawaii:)
The beach in front of our hotel. Gorgeous! I love the beach but Tuba loves it even more than me. And the ocean is the top of his favorite things. The beach and ocean are the reason Tuba chose Hawaii as his wish.
This picture makes me cry. I love it. It sums up who Tuba is. He raised his hands and danced, swaying back and forth to the beat of the waves. Music to his ears. Thanks you MAW for making Tuba's dreams come true.
Tuba and Mr. P enjoying the surf. The ocean is WARM...warmer than the pool! We all swam in it and had the best time. The nap time usually lasted about 2-3 hours so we had quite the nice time just the three of us each day. I loved this time each day. It was Tuba's favorite time too.

Mr. P was thrilled because he got to have pop! I'd have a pina colada each day sitting with my feet in the sand...bliss!
More to come...tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Pina coladas on the beach every day... hmmm Hawaii is sounding better and better!

    Thanks for your info... I know after Monday I will have lots more questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to suppress clicking the blog "like it" button fifty times. I LOVE this part of the blogging..we get to have details (and cry-beautiful photos) of your MAW trip. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh fun fun fun!! I am so happy for you guys. and i lov ethe pic of tuba dancing to the music of the waves..a boy after my heart. (i grew up on the coast, and when we moved away i couldn't sleep.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...