Friday, March 23, 2012

Sunshine


In this neck of the woods sunshine can be scarse....to say the least. We have a LONG rainy grey winter. LONG. I have written before how I suffer a bit from SAD. The lack of sunshine really does get to me. Around January I start to wonder what is wrong with me.....tired, crabby, lethargic, crabby, tired. Fun huh? Ummmm....no....just ask Cam. By March I am so excited for more light....desperate is more like it.

Well, this year I have felt so so so SO much better. You see, my new house gets a ton of natural sunlight. The whole house is full of really large windows and no shade. The old house? Surrounded by tall trees. All shade, all the time.

It has made an amazing difference to me having so much natural light. We haven't had any more sunshine than normal but I do still feel better. I get way more light with all the windows.

Plus, I am getting to sleep through the night (80%) for the first time in almost 9 years. Thank you children for staying in your beds ALL night. Thank you!

Kairos Moments

I was taking a cat nap on the couch and Sis came over and kissed me gently on the lips.

Daffodils blooming in the median of the Speedway.

My usually crabby kitty Shiloh sat on my lap, let me pet her and purred up a storm.

A little family of Robins flitting around together.

Pushing my kids on the swings and hearing them giggle....plus sunshine was shining on us.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...