Monday, May 5, 2008

What's New?

We got an update from our agency today. Our sweet baby girl now weighs 11.5 lbs. and is 24 in. long. The update says she is doing well and is healthy. I can't wait to post her picture. She is so beautiful. We got our picture of her with her welcome bag items. She is wearing the little pink pj and has her toy and the photo album of our family with her. I think we should get our court date sometime in the next week. Which doesn't mean we will go to court in the next week but that we will have the date...probably sometime in early June.
I had my appt. with the dietitian and diabetes nurse last week. I test my blood 4 times a day by poking my finger (first thing in the morning, then 2 hours after each meal). They gave me a chart showing exactly how many carbs to eat with each meal and snack.
I chart everything I eat and do....it's so much like Weight Watchers that it feels really natural to me. The major bummer of the whole thing is that I can't have any fruit with breakfast or with a snack. Mr. P feels really sorry for me that I can't have any candy or sugar..."Oh, Poor Mama"...he's my new BFF! So far I've only had my blood sugar go too high after dinner one night. I'm a little concerned that my blood sugar is too low in the morning and I'll discuss this at my appt. next week. I went to the gym today too. It's part of the treatment. I have not been working out as I've felt so puny. But, with Mr. Triathlete/RN for a hubby he drug me out and to the gym today. It wasn't too bad. I want to do everything I can to be healthy for the baby....and not have him born HUGE! I keep thinking the "silver lining" in all of this diabetes business is that maybe the Dr. will induce me early:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow--your little one is bigger than out little munchkin--at least weight wise. Our little peepers weighs 10.5 lbs and is nearly 27 inches (I am really thinking they mismeasured her length--but I guess I'll have the next update to compare it to).

    Hope all goes well with the gd. My good friend is pg now and has it (they caught it late) and her baby is weighing in at nearly 10.5 lbs (the same size my little peepers is). she is have a c-section on Thursday.

    best of luck to you and I hope you hear about your court date soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...